Thursday, May 22, 2008

Having faith these new pots won't walk away


I definitely got my mega-dose of vitamin D today—I took off work early and was outside more than four hours. Inspired by fellow Austin garden blogger Pam’s feathergrass-in-colorful-pot trick, I did my own version today. I thought it was going to be a quick project, but once I got going I realized I first needed to do some MAJOR rosemary thinning to open up the space by the front porch steps, where I also planted a bunch of leadwort plumbago.


Upright in the front, we have a weird concrete relic (birdbath?) found half buried in the backyard ages ago. Today I filled it with some rocks and a graphite-colored pot in which I planted three anonymous succulents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment! I love red, so naturally I'm drawn to that first pot. But the graphite-colored one has beautiful, modern lines, and I might like it even better. Both are great additions to your garden.

Iris said...

Thanks, Pam! The new leadwort plumbagos are perkier this morning so their little bits of brilliant blue are more obvious.